Friday, January 15, 2016

Stories of Giving from Rick Sanders (2)

Founded in 1982 by Visionary civic leader Bob Weinberg, The California Highway Patrol 11-99 Foundation provides emergency benefits to California Highway Patrol employees and their families in times of crisis. Since its inception, the Foundation has distributed more than $27 million in assistance to current, retired and Fallen in the Line of Duty CHP employees and their families. The important work of the Foundation has been enabled through the generosity of tens of thousands of individual donors and volunteers and by institutional grant funding. To learn how you can assist and participate, click Learn About Membership or Make a Donation. “The CHP 11-99 Foundation’s impact has been far reaching beyond my dreams of a decade ago. I see the Foundation's creation and growth as one of my principal successes in life.” — Bob Weinberg (1925-1992) Founder, CHP 11-99 Foundation My first career of nearly 30 years was with the Ca. Hwy Patrol. During my career, 56 officers lost their life. I witnessed first hand the amazing help and benefits the 111-99 foundation provided to some of these officers families immediately. Furthermore, they help current members children with educational scholarships. Putting this together makes me a little emotional. I am blessed that I made it to retirement without serious injury or worse. I encourage you to share the story of the 11-99 Foundation. They do amazing work with the funds received. WWW.11-99.org Rick Sanders

No comments:

Post a Comment