Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Stories of Giving from Sandra Brierley

Hi, My name is Sandra Brierley an almost 49 year old, and the mother of an almost 4 year old. I am training to run my first marathon in march with team world vision an organization that works with communities in desperate need to help provide things like clean water, nutritious food, education, medical care and economic opportunity. As we all know water is life, but in many parts of the world , dirty water brings disease and in many cases even death especially in young children. The only water available is collected by these children from the same source that animals drink from and even defecate in. these conditions are horrifying. The children walk miles daily for this water and are kept from school to make these daily trips. These water trails are very dangerous and girls are often rapped or kidnapped and used for human trafficking. It is heartbreaking to know that children not much older than my own son are having to put their lives in danger to be able to provide clean water for their family. Having become aware of these conditions has changed my life. I am challenged daily, training is very difficult and injuries do and have occurred, but I keep pushing myself. At my age training is no easy task, and time away from my son and family is an even bigger sacrifice. I am committed and I am trying to raise 1,310.00. Please support me in my quest to make a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment