Friday, December 23, 2011

Story of Giving from Rochelle Armijo

I was excited to be invited to enter into drawing to be given to my favorite charity. Hats off to Broadview Mortgage who continues to amaze me as their customer and as strong community supporter.

I am a proud member of the Claremont High School Instrumental Music Boosters a non profit organization. Last year when my son joined marching band, I became concerned when I saw the program was unable to meet their basic operating costs let alone addressing other needs for new music, instrument repair, replacement of 20 years old uniforms and etc. It was then I agreed to be the Booster Fundraising Manager. I have coordinated several events spending numerous hours behind the scenes. I do this because I know I am not alone. I am grateful for the parents who share a common vision. I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the students. At each event, the music students are there working as a team doing whatever it takes to set up, clean up and perform to help make their event successful. I enjoy volunteering for this non-profit as I know the benefits will help the children today and in the future.

Wishing you many blessings in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment